British Milers Club 3k Virtual TT Guidelines /T&C's
18 - 21st June 2020
Safety and COVID-19
• This is not a race. It is a TRAINING TIME TRIAL
• The run should be within a reasonable distance from your home.
• Make sure the route you select does not endanger you, is free of obstacles and hazards, and is traffic and pedestrian free.
• Busy parks, pavements and other areas are not suitable locations to run
• Please consider competing your run at a time of the day when there will be less foot-traffic
• Always give primacy to pedestrians on route, and follow government guidance keep a two-metre distance from any passers-by.
• If at any point during your time trial it feels unsafe in the context of proximity to passers-by you should terminate your time trial immediately
• U13/U15s must be accompanied by a responsible adult
• Minimum age on day of competition - 11 or above
• We reserve the right to cancel the event if the current COVID-19 situation/lockdown changes
Entry details can be found
• The entry limit is 1650
• Entry is free of charge and will open on the 30th May 2020 and close 15th June or when full.
• Times will be measured via strava/other running app and uploaded to opentrack. You may unload a non embeddable link.
• Only one time can be entered – elapsed times (total since watch start) will be recorded
• Non-BMC members/international competitors welcome
• The distance must be no less than 3k (3000m) and completed between Thursday 18th June (4am) to Sunday 21st June at 4pm. One entry/attempt/ person!
• Each individual runner must upload their Strava/Garmin performance by Sunday 21st June at 11.59pm
• Runs should be named as "BMC3k”
• Results will be based on “time elapsed” rather than “moving time”. Routes with significant negative elevation (more than -15m) will incur a time penalty.
• Point to Point is allowable. No more than 3 laps are permitted. The organisers reserve the right to impose penalties for breaching guidelines.
• BMC reserves the right to cancel the event if lockdown conditions change (T&C see website)
• Enjoy the challenge please contribute to our chosen charity MIND
By entering this time trial, you are confirming you are in a fit and healthy state to complete the distance.
By entering I understand and agree that participate on this time trial voluntarily and at my own risk. The BMC will not be liable for any accidental damage, injury, illness of any nature whosoever caused by participation.